Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 5




Anthony Bourdain may have been right that after sampling the Good Evil bar, all other chocolates will be ruined. Actually, that's not entirely true, but the Good Evil bar is a hard chocolate to follow. It didn't help that the chocolate we sampled was not quite spectacular. 

In reading reviews and articles about the company, I have to say that I love what Lillie Belle is about. I believe that people will enjoy all the products that Lillie Belle has to offer. The chocolate seems to be a high quality chocolate, and the flavors of the bars are interesting. There's something for everyone. In fact, the Man was absolutely sure that he would devour the Oregon Bacon Bar in one sitting if I let him. I'm not a big bacon and chocolate fan, but, of all chocolate-bacon combinations I have tried, this bar is the best. The bacon flavor is subtle and not overly smoky, something I can't stand in chocolate. No, this is a nicely balanced maple bacon flavor. The little crunchy texture in the milk chocolate is due to the caramelized bacon pieces, and it's wonderful. What's nice, too, is that the added smoky salt in the bar results in a very light smoky finish, not that overpowering and obnoxious smoky flavor many chocolate-bacon bars have. For a milk chocolate, it wasn't overly sweet, which I liked. Overall, this is a great bar.

The Most Awesome Chocolate Bar Ever! was not, unfortunately. It was good, just not outstanding. It was, however, a 2013 Good Food Award winner. The bar is described as crunchy wafers covered in milk and dark chocolate. The taste of almonds and hazelnuts was fresh and powerful, which I appreciated. This was a nice, smooth chocolate, and the texture of the filling was very good with layers of crunchy feuilletine wafers. My complaint was that it was just too sweet. Dip this bar in a deep, dark chocolate, and it might be perfect. As it was, I found it disappointing. That said, I think most people will still appreciate the wonderful soft texture and strong flavors of this confection.
Of the three bars we sampled, the Crunchy Fire Bar was my least favorite. The dark chocolate didn't have a profound impact on my taste buds. The texture, while not quite chalky, was not smooth. The bar seemed clumsy somehow. Plus, the chilis or chili powder in it was stale, which made the whole bar unpleasant. The kick of heat from the chili that sneaks up on you long after the first bite was too much. It burns. I find subtle heat more pleasurable when it comes to chocolate bars. I'm fine with extra, extra hot in savory dishes, though.


Do check out the Lillie Belle website, as I think they company is downright cool. I would love to try their caramels, bon bons and truffles. I'm guessing those would be fantastic, and they look beautiful.


From the Lillie Belle website:

"Lillie Belle Farms uses only organic chocolate for all our gourmet chocolate creations. We have scoured the globe for some of the best cocoa beans on the planet and flavors that are truly out of this world! From silky smooth organic milk chocolate bars filled with toffee and toasted nuts to pure single-origin chocolate bars, we have something for every chocolate lover. 

Lillie Belle Farms Chocolates began 10 years ago on a whim. I asked my daughter, Lillie and my wife, Belle if I could start selling truffles at the local farmer's markets and name them after them. They reluctantly agreed thinking that it was nothing more than a weird culinary phase. In the beginning it was all trial and error, but people kept coming back and demanding more. Without looking back, I dove head-first into the world of gourmet chocolates made in the grand traditions. Using the finest ingredients I could get my hands on, many of which I grew on my own organic farm, I set out to create a chocolate experience that rivaled the best in the world."

The Man and I talked about the creepy Bobbit worm. This video is terrifying and will probably give you nightmares:
http://vimeo.com/28280553


A trip to Fascinations on Wednesday resulted in a bag of goodies for us to sample in the weeks to come. This week, the Man and I gave the Fetish Fantasy Shock Therapy Beginner Electro-Sex Kit a try. I was a little nervous, as electric pulse, even if it's mild, isn't something I would typically associate with pleasure, however, the kit got good reviews. If any of you athletes out there have had ESTIM, you know how it feels. In this kit, you will find four pads that can be placed on pretty much any part of the body. The pads stick pretty well and can be removed easily. A electric pulse is supposed to give a "charge" to your sex life. I was skeptical, but, after trying it, I figured it could be fun, though it would make me a little bit uptight. The Man was convinced it would be loads of fun, but that's probably because he had the controls and knew he could make me jump with a twist of the dial. 



****** **** ***** ***** ****** *****


Sex Position: Moon Over Miami 
I mistakenly called this the slinky, but the slinky wasn't well defined. There were several different explanations of this position. Instead we tried the Moon Over Miami position and found that it doesn't work too well. The guy would have to have an enormous dick in order for it to work. I'm sure it would be OK for some kind of oral stimulation, but I wasn't going to go there. The Man gave it a thumbs down. This is not a Man approved position, and Ggirl didn't like it much either.





No comments:

Post a Comment