Friday, November 15, 2013

Chocolate Pie


"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt"  -- Charles M Schulz 

I don't normally think of chocolate when someone mentions pie. Cherry pie is probably my favorite, but then I look at the picture above and the recipes below and start to drool.

Years ago, some friends dared me to give up chocolate for Lent, even though I don't usually participate in that observance. It was much harder than I though it would be, but I got through it. Eating loads of caramel helped. I may have made my cravings worse by going to a little French restaurant called Pour La France and ordering a slice of this crazy rich chocolate dessert and a cup of hot chocolate the day before I started my chocolate abstinence. The following day I was pale and had the shakes. The dessert was a bit like a pie but with two different textures of chocolate layers. It was INTENSE. I've never had anything like it since. No wonder I was experiencing severe withdrawal.

Though chocolate pie isn't exactly what the dessert was, it's not far off.

This recipe for chocolate pie looks goooooood.

Here is one for chocolate silk pie but with a cookie crumb crust instead of a pastry crust. This one is probably most like the dessert I mentioned above.

This one for ganache pie is a bit richer than some of the other recipes.

Here's a lighter version for vegan chocolate pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment