Sunday, September 29, 2013

Week 2




Train wreck ahead

Well, the Man and I had an off night. It happens. I couldn't spit out a complete or coherent sentence for the life of me, and the Man wasn't his usual unconstrained self. I also spilled chocolate on my white shirt and lost my train of thought more than a few times. We had some technical issues, and there were some other minor problems throughout the show. That said, the music was good, and we made it through the night without injury, tears or anyone flouncing. Below is the recap:

Fearless Chocolate

Unfortunately, we did not do this company justice. We might have to schedule a redo.

One of the first mistakes I made was picking a flavor of chocolate I don't really like. Several years ago, I got sick after I ate something with ginger in it. While I recently got to the point where I could eat ginger again without turning green, it's not among my top choices when it comes to spices. So what do I do? Pick the ginger hibiscus chocolate bar to sample. That makes a ton of sense, right? Well, I thought the flavor combination sounded interesting, which it was, but when you simply don't like a flavor, it's hard to point out anything good about it. I will say that what was inside the package smelled good, and I could tell that the chocolate was of a high quality, even though the Man accidentally left the bars in the car where they melted and re-hardened with the cooler evening air that's typical in Boulder in the fall. The man thought the ginger flavor could have been hotter, more spicy and prominent, but he liked the smooth consistency of the chocolate.

I grabbed a second flavor, one I was pretty sure I would like, as the bar was filled with crunchy seeds. I prefer nuts in my chocolate (go ahead and laugh), but sometimes seeds will do just fine. I was hugely disappointed when I my taste buds were hit with that all too familiar rancid taste after biting into what seems to be wonderfully balanced dark chocolate. I'm going to give the company the benefit of the doubt and assume that this was probably the fault of the store where we purchased the bars, though I can't be sure. Sometimes when there's not a high turnover, items sit too long on the shelves or don't get rotated properly. Occasionally air can get into packages during or after delivery, and that will cause any oils to go rancid more quickly. It's possible that this was the case, but I can't stand rancid nuts or seeds in anything. I couldn't really give a fair review of the chocolate without knowing if this is a problem coming from the makers, something that happened in transit or the fault of store where the bars are sold.


I do love what the company has to say about their products. From their website:

From the rain forests of Brazil, Fearless chocolates originates in a 100% organic cacao plantation. Delicately processed in small batches, we Infuse FEARLESS with ethically traded superfoods to fashion deliciously vivid and dynamic flavors. Keeping our recipes simple and uncluttered, allows the natural vibrancy of each ingredient to shine. FEARLESS CHOCOLATE is always 100% Certified Organic, Kosher, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free and Gluten-Free.  

BEING FEARLESS

Being FEARLESS is an expression of our approach in life and business. FEARLESS CHOCOLATE is meant to be an energizing, radiant companion to the part of us that dreams and takes action. We are unwavering in our commitment to honoring the environment, to honoring the integrity of our chocolate, to honoring our community from farm to table, and to be brazenly virtuous in this world which we are all creating.



You may not want to eat chocolate after this, but it's interesting to note that the FDA has detailed what constitutes an acceptable level of bug parts and other gross things in your food. They determined that an average of 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams of chocolate is OK. 


On a different note, this is very interesting:  http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/2013/07/take-two-normal-people-add-money-to-just-one-of-them-and-watch-what-happens-next.html


Feather Slapper
The sex toy we picked for this show was the Feather Slapper by Sex and Mischief. After a brief discussion about who likes to be spanked and why, we each gave it a try. I like it, but I'm not too keen on the feathers, though tickling definitely has its place in the bedroom. I can see how this toy would be a big hit, especially for a playful couple.



I swiped this description:

How

While he sits on the bed or a chair, back yourself into his lap and spoon each other while seated.

Benefit

Because you can't see your partner, fantasizing is easier, which can add too the excitement.

Bonus

Tighten the muscles of your pelvic floor so you can grip him and keep him erect.

This week, we decided to discuss the caboose sex position. This is a "the Man approved" position.
He likes. When we talked about he reverse cowgirl the week before, I mentioned that I feel more comfortable with contact, a visual connection and some feedback from my partner. Somehow, this position corrects most of what I don't like about the reverse cowgirl. Normally I like to see my partner's face, but if he's at least able to whisper in my ear, that's fine, too. I'm not too happy that anyone would suggest that this position is good, because you can fantasize. I'm pretty sure I don't want the guy I'm with to be thinking about fucking someone else while he's fucking me, and I don't want to imagine the guy I'm with is a different person! For me, fantasies are for outside of the bedroom, unless you are acting out a fantasy together, which is a whooooole different game.

Tune in next Saturday. We promise to be FUCKING ON! If not, we will at least have more good music. 


No comments:

Post a Comment